Unlock’s information, advice and support is provided on a strictly ‘without-liability’ basis, and should be considered for use as guidance only. For more information, read the Disclaimer that is available on our Information Hub.
- Our legal name is UNLOCK NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF EX-OFFENDERS LIMITED
- Our trading name is Unlock
- Our long name is Unlock – for people with convictions
Unlock is a registered charity (no. 1079046). We are governed by our Memorandum and Articles of Association, incorporated 17/06/1999, as amended by certificate of incorporation on change of name date 02/11/1999 as amended by special resolutions(s) dated 28/10/2011.
Unlock is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales (no. 3791535). Registered Office: Maidstone Community Support Centre, 39-48 Marsham Street, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 1HH
Our Memorandum and Articles of Association are our governing documents. These state that the area which we can work includes, but isn’t exclusive to, the United Kingdom. Unlock is registered with the Charity Commission as operating throughout England and Wales. As a result, the area which we can work (cited above in our governing documents) can include areas beyond England and Wales, but we can only invest our charitable resources in England and Wales. Specific pieces of work outside of England & Wales will need to be specifically funded.
- Press and media coverage of the Supreme Court judgment Posted on: Feb 4th, 2019
There has been a significant amount of press and media…
- Monthly update - January 2019 Posted on: Jan 31st, 2019
We've just published our update for January…
- Unlock response to Supreme Court judgment on criminal records disclosure regime Posted on: Jan 30th, 2019
Unlock, the leading charity for people with convictions, has today…
- A personal response to today's Supreme Court ruling Posted on: Jan 30th, 2019
Elli has been actively involved in our work to push for changes to…
- Supreme Court to issue judgment on landmark criminal records disclosure regime case on Wednesday 30th January Posted on: Jan 25th, 2019
On Wednesday 30th January at 9.45am, the Supreme Court will hand down…