Unlock’s information, advice and support is provided on a strictly ‘without-liability’ basis, and should be considered for use as guidance only. For more information, read the Disclaimer that is available on our Information Hub.
- Our legal name is UNLOCK NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF EX-OFFENDERS LIMITED
- Our trading name is Unlock
- Our long name is Unlock – for people with convictions
Unlock is a registered charity (no. 1079046). We are governed by our Memorandum and Articles of Association, incorporated 17/06/1999, as amended by certificate of incorporation on change of name date 02/11/1999 as amended by special resolutions(s) dated 28/10/2011.
Unlock is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales (no. 3791535). Registered Office: Maidstone Community Support Centre, 39-48 Marsham Street, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 1HH
Our Memorandum and Articles of Association are our governing documents. These state that the area which we can work includes, but isn’t exclusive to, the United Kingdom. Unlock is registered with the Charity Commission as operating throughout England and Wales. As a result, the area which we can work (cited above in our governing documents) can include areas beyond England and Wales, but we can only invest our charitable resources in England and Wales. Specific pieces of work outside of England & Wales will need to be specifically funded.
- Winter 2016/17 Activities Newsletter Posted on: Jan 4th, 2017
Today we've published our winter 2016/17 activities…
- Monthly update - December 2016 Posted on: Jan 3rd, 2017
We've just published our update for December…
- Looking back at some key moments in 2016 Posted on: Dec 20th, 2016
With the Christmas break almost here and 2016 coming to an end, I…
- Next 'criminal record disclosure' training - 22 February 2017 - Book now! Posted on: Dec 20th, 2016
Our popular 'criminal record disclosure' training workshops…
- Employers should be more open to employing people with convictions Posted on: Dec 19th, 2016