Unlock’s information, advice and support is provided on a strictly ‘without-liability’ basis, and should be considered for use as guidance only. For more information, read the Disclaimer that is available on our Information Hub.
- Our legal name is UNLOCK NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF EX-OFFENDERS LIMITED
- Our trading name is Unlock
- Our long name is Unlock – for people with convictions
Unlock is a registered charity (no. 1079046). We are governed by our Memorandum and Articles of Association, incorporated 17/06/1999, as amended by certificate of incorporation on change of name date 02/11/1999 as amended by special resolutions(s) dated 28/10/2011.
Unlock is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales (no. 3791535). Registered Office: Maidstone Community Support Centre, 39-48 Marsham Street, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 1HH
Our Memorandum and Articles of Association are our governing documents. These state that the area which we can work includes, but isn’t exclusive to, the United Kingdom. Unlock is registered with the Charity Commission as operating throughout England and Wales. As a result, the area which we can work (cited above in our governing documents) can include areas beyond England and Wales, but we can only invest our charitable resources in England and Wales. Specific pieces of work outside of England & Wales will need to be specifically funded.
- New guidance and tools published to help charities and individuals deal with changes to charity rules and criminal records Posted on: Feb 1st, 2018
Unlock, a leading independent charity for people with convictions,…
- Monthly update - January 2018 Posted on: Jan 30th, 2018
We've just published our update for January…
- Unlock is recruiting Trustees! Posted on: Jan 29th, 2018
We are actively recruiting Trustees to join the Board at…
- Unlock reports on another successful year Posted on: Jan 22nd, 2018
- Basic criminal record checks launched today by the DBS Posted on: Jan 17th, 2018
From today, the 17th January 2018, basic criminal record checks can…