Unlock’s information, advice and support is provided on a strictly ‘without-liability’ basis, and should be considered for use as guidance only. For more information, read the Disclaimer that is available on our Information Hub.
- Our legal name is UNLOCK NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF EX-OFFENDERS LIMITED
- Our trading name is Unlock
- Our long name is Unlock – for people with convictions
Unlock is a registered charity (no. 1079046). We are governed by our Memorandum and Articles of Association, incorporated 17/06/1999, as amended by certificate of incorporation on change of name date 02/11/1999 as amended by special resolutions(s) dated 28/10/2011.
Unlock is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales (no. 3791535). Registered Office: Maidstone Community Support Centre, 39-48 Marsham Street, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 1HH
Our Memorandum and Articles of Association are our governing documents. These state that the area which we can work includes, but isn’t exclusive to, the United Kingdom. Unlock is registered with the Charity Commission as operating throughout England and Wales. As a result, the area which we can work (cited above in our governing documents) can include areas beyond England and Wales, but we can only invest our charitable resources in England and Wales. Specific pieces of work outside of England & Wales will need to be specifically funded.
- Piece in The Economist - "In Britain, criminal records dog offenders for decades" Posted on: Feb 17th, 2017
Today the Economist has published an excellent piece, making the…
- 'Criminal record disclosure' training -19th April - Book early to avoid disappointment! Posted on: Feb 9th, 2017
Our popular 'criminal record disclosure' training workshops…
- Unlocking the potential of the UK’s ex-offenders Posted on: Feb 7th, 2017
An article published by Nat West suggests that one remedy to…
- Unlock welcomes new official open recruitment employer guide Posted on: Feb 7th, 2017
Published by the Department for Work and Pensions in partnership with…
- Unlock responds to Law Commission review of DBS filtering system - "is a damning indictment....a wider review is needed now more than ever" Posted on: Feb 1st, 2017
In a detailed report published today, the Law Commission has…