Unlock’s information, advice and support is provided on a strictly ‘without-liability’ basis, and should be considered for use as guidance only. For more information, read the Disclaimer that is available on our Information Hub.
- Our legal name is UNLOCK NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF EX-OFFENDERS LIMITED
- Our trading name is Unlock
- Our long name is Unlock – for people with convictions
Unlock is a registered charity (no. 1079046). We are governed by our Memorandum and Articles of Association, incorporated 17/06/1999, as amended by certificate of incorporation on change of name date 02/11/1999 as amended by special resolutions(s) dated 28/10/2011.
Unlock is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales (no. 3791535). Registered Office: Maidstone Community Support Centre, 39-48 Marsham Street, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 1HH
Our Memorandum and Articles of Association are our governing documents. These state that the area which we can work includes, but isn’t exclusive to, the United Kingdom. Unlock is registered with the Charity Commission as operating throughout England and Wales. As a result, the area which we can work (cited above in our governing documents) can include areas beyond England and Wales, but we can only invest our charitable resources in England and Wales. Specific pieces of work outside of England & Wales will need to be specifically funded.
- Your finances in and out of prison - BBC Radio 4 Money Box live Posted on: Mar 16th, 2017
Around 50% of offenders re-offend within a year. Lack of money for…
- Watch our oral evidence to the Justice Committee inquiry into the disclosure of youth criminal records Posted on: Mar 15th, 2017
Earlier today our co-director, Christopher Stacey, gave evidence to…
- Has an employer wrongly checked your official criminal record? Get in touch Posted on: Mar 6th, 2017
As part of our Fair Access to Employment project we’re looking for…
- Should employers ask about convictions on their application forms? Unlock discusses with Three Counties Radio Posted on: Mar 6th, 2017
Christopher Stacey talks to Three Counties Radio on whether…
- Monthly update - February 2017 Posted on: Feb 28th, 2017
We've just published our update for February…