Unlock’s information, advice and support is provided on a strictly ‘without-liability’ basis, and should be considered for use as guidance only. For more information, read the Disclaimer that is available on our Information Hub.
- Our legal name is UNLOCK NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF EX-OFFENDERS LIMITED
- Our trading name is Unlock
- Our long name is Unlock – for people with convictions
Unlock is a registered charity (no. 1079046). We are governed by our Memorandum and Articles of Association, incorporated 17/06/1999, as amended by certificate of incorporation on change of name date 02/11/1999 as amended by special resolutions(s) dated 28/10/2011.
Unlock is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales (no. 3791535). Registered Office: Maidstone Community Support Centre, 39-48 Marsham Street, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 1HH
Our Memorandum and Articles of Association are our governing documents. These state that the area which we can work includes, but isn’t exclusive to, the United Kingdom. Unlock is registered with the Charity Commission as operating throughout England and Wales. As a result, the area which we can work (cited above in our governing documents) can include areas beyond England and Wales, but we can only invest our charitable resources in England and Wales. Specific pieces of work outside of England & Wales will need to be specifically funded.
- Decade-old criminal record disclosures? The need for reform Posted on: Dec 6th, 2017
With the disclosure of old and irrelevant criminal records in the…
- Monthly update - November 2017 Posted on: Nov 28th, 2017
We've just published our update for November…
- Criminal record disclosure training - Hurry, just 2 places remaining for our February workshop! Posted on: Nov 11th, 2017
Our popular 'criminal record disclosure' training workshops…
- Monthly update - October 2017 Posted on: Nov 1st, 2017
We've just published our update for October…
- Forcing adults to admit to petty crime from their teen years is unfair and counter-productive Posted on: Oct 31st, 2017